Monday, November 19, 2007

Like A Moth to the Flame

I woke up early this morning and made a beeline for Target. Had to check out the Erin Fetherston collection. I tried on practically everything. So if you have a question about fit or sizing, don't hesitate to ask. Seriously though. I should hardly be thinking of myself. I mean, at this time of year, shouldn't I just be thankful for the clothes I have this week? And then next week, realize that I need to buy for others, not me. I can't help myself. I have an unhealthy relationship with Target's GO Designers. Like I havehavehave to see them nownownow. The sense of urgency is beyond ridiculous. Once, in NY, I made my husband drive us out Jersey to a Target that wasn't by NYC cuz I just knew the closest ones would be picked over. Another time, I made my sister take me even though her baby wanted to go home and eat. He obviously doesn't appreciate designer clothing. At a discount, no less!

But what I'm meaning to say is that if you watched the Erin Fetherston video Ali put up on her blog, you'll realize that she hit the nail on the head. Erin, not Ali (sorry, sis). Her video captures the essence of her collection so perfectly (read the sign toward the beginning of it and you'll catch on quickly). Ethereal, playful, charming. Hearts (not just appliqued but we're talking all buttons are heart shaped buttons), bows, frills. Fantasyland...just like she says. How fun would it be to live (and design) in her world?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i headed right over to check it out, too! i got the swiss dot tunic - LOVE it! and i totally want the black heart coat and the heart bag. in fact, i'm sure i'll buy the bag before the week (if not day) is through. i'll be spending so much there on black friday, who's going to notice one extra lil' ol' bag? :)

Katie said...

So what did you buy?

jamieanne said...

I got the red peter pan collared dress. Seriously, how can you pass up 100% silk for $59?