Monday, August 27, 2007

Reason #17 I Like Living Outside Manhattan


Laundry day. Because, is there anything, I ask you, more repulsive than sharing a laundry room with NY's whosits and whatsits? To be sure, I lived in a fine luxury building with a laundry on every floor. But still. Finding a foreign hair amongst your intimates? Grossity gross gross gross.

I lalalalove having my own clean, secure laundry room. Wherein I can be rest assured that my sweet nothings are cleaned to the highest standard with no intruders (ie., stray hairs, socks, wrappers, etc.). Not mingled in with the muckity muck muck of the communal laundry room.

8 comments:

Steph Taylor said...

I give a whole-hearted "dito" to everything you just said.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Soo True - Hey will you email me, I have questions. kamibigler@comcast.net

Ashley A. said...

Just pulled up to our building and what was the first thing I saw? the communal laundry room! Uggg. Welcome back to Boston and to cleaning other peoples' lint from the dryer.

love.boxes said...

amen.. When I moved to the burbs I started giving tour of my new laundry room!

celeste said...

That photo reminds of that great Belle and Sebastian song about the launderette. Not only can NYC laundering involve unwanted muck muck, I've found it to sometimes involve critters . . . blegh!

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh I cannot imagine having to share a washing machine with strangers! It's just something I had never thought of. Guess I should feel grateful to have my own laundry!

Lorilee said...

Jamie, I can relate all to well. I went to the laundromat once here, and after one load, went straight to Home Depot to purchase my own.
Your words were so well put.

alyson. said...

I wishity wish I had my own washer and dryer... :)